Important Criminal Law Do’s And Don’ts
After an arrest, it is very important to do and not do certain things. One mistake can lead to time in jail, massive fines, loss of your job and a complete disruption of your life.
At Hawley & Associates, LLC, we know what can go wrong at every step and turn in a criminal defense case. Attorney Bradley Hawley is passionate about helping people who have been treated unfairly by the court system. Following are some of our most helpful tips for those who have been arrested in Alabama:
- Don’t make a statement prior to talking to a lawyer. You have the right to remain silent, and it is important that you do. Law enforcement agents have a way of twisting what you say, even if you are innocent.
- Do contact a skilled criminal defense lawyer at the first sign of trouble.
- Don’t enter into an agreement or sign anything before speaking to an experienced lawyer. Your lawyer will evaluate the details of your case and help you determine whether the document is something you should sign.
- Do go to court as ordered. This will keep the court from issuing a warrant for your arrest and from revoking your bond.
- Don’t plead guilty “just to get it over with.” All too often, a criminal conviction will bring with it long-term consequences that far exceed the punishment imposed by the court.
- Do meet with an attorney as soon as possible. We will ensure that your rights are protected, that your side of the story is presented and that you receive a fair trial as guaranteed by our Constitution.
You Have Too Much At Stake ~ Call An Alabama Lawyer Today
It is never too early to seek the help of an attorney, but it can be too late. For a free, no-obligation consultation with our lawyer, call us at 334-595-8114 or send us an email. If you are unable to come to our Prattville office, we can come to your location.
We serve clients throughout the Montgomery, Alabama, area. For the convenience of our clients, we accept credit cards and personal checks.